Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Thrift Store Finds Before and After

I am always on the lookout for great furniture pieces at thrift stores.  I found this glass top coffee table for $29.99 at a local store.  It had a little rust and the paint was in awful shape, but I liked the geometric look going on. I was not sure if it was going to give me the look I was going for but for only $29.99 I thought it was worth a shot.  

I primed the metal frame with spray paint then painted it a gold color with spray paint made for metal.  The glass was in great shape and had a bevel so it cleaned up really well.  I love how it turned out.  Always be careful when using glass tables, they can be dangerous for young children. Don't be afraid to try painting pieces you are unsure of if the price is right.  More times than not they will become favorites! 

 Before




After

After

No comments:

Post a Comment